So, you have any connection to a youth and/or nonprofit organization that runs volunteer activities? If so, make sure they know about this call for projects that cover “World Heritage protection, preservation and promotion of World Heritage sites:”
World Heritage Volunteers 2019 – Call for Projects
“Empowering the Commitment to World Heritage”
The UNESCO World Heritage Centre is pleased to announce the Call for Projects for the World Heritage Volunteers (WHV) Campaign 2019. This Call welcomes the participation of all interested organizations and institutions.
The World Heritage Volunteers (WHV) Initiative has grown tremendously with increasing interest and appreciation for World Heritage protection, preservation and promotion of World Heritage sites over the past eleven years.
In this context, we are pleased to launch the World Heritage Volunteers Campaign 2019, which welcomes the participation of all interested organisations and institutions.
The World Heritage Volunteers Campaign 2019 shall aim to:
1) Raise awareness among young people, volunteers, local communities, and concerned authorities of the need to protect and promote World Heritage;
2) Involve young people in World Heritage preservation through concrete projects at sites;
3) Empower young people allowing them to learn skills, basic preservation and conservation techniques and raise their capacity as future decision-makers and global active citizens;
4) Strengthen sustainable cooperation between non-profit organisations, site management, communities and authorities;
5) Identify best practices and develop non-formal education tools to facilitate stakeholders’ participation in the World Heritage education;
6) Mainstream gender equality in all stages of the projects and geographical diversity among the World Heritage properties where the action camps take place.