Of all the African countries, Namibia is an unspoilt oasis and it is teeming with wildlife, allowing you to observe “the big 5” — lion, leopard, Cape buffalo, elephant, and rhinoceros — and many other species that call Namibia their home. Located on the west side of Southern Africa, Namibia has an Atlantic Ocean border with some stunning beaches, which is not what you’d expect on a safari!
Image Source: Unsplash
If you are planning a safari for the coming summer, here is some useful information to help ensure you have a great time:
- Choose A Tailored Tour — There are tour operators that have package A and B, plus they might offer a few extra day tours. There are also luxury safari operators who will tailor the holiday to suit the client. There are several reasons why a tailored package is best; you don’t waste time, as you have already decided where you want to go, plus you will have a local guide with you every step of the way, so you will never pay tourist prices.
- Interact With The Local People — Luckily, the Namibian people are very friendly and hospitable and with a tailored safari, you can spend some time with different groups and experience life from their perspective. Immersing yourself in their colourful culture is a real eye-opener and as Namibia is one of the safest countries in Africa, you won’t need to worry.
Image Source: Unsplash
- Don’t Worry About Transportation — While Namibia is a place of unspoilt natural beauty, public transport is hit and miss; but when you book a luxury tailored tour, all transportation and accommodation would be provided. If you’d like to know more about tailored tours, check out the African and Oriental Ltd private safaris in Namibia. They offer tours that are tailored to your preferences, and they will put together a package that suits your budget.
- Time Of The Year — June to October is the high season and the best time to visit, however, if you would like to see less tourists, April and May have the least rainfall and the climate is pleasant. Even in high season, you won’t see many tourists, as each has their own schedule and tour. Of course, you might be on a schedule, and Namibia is fine all year round, with the hottest weather in December and January, which is their summer.
- Choose the Animals you Want to See — That’s another great thing about a tailored tour, as you can tell the tour operator what animals you would like to observe. The list is long and includes lions, elephants, giraffes, hippos, cheetahs, rhinos, wildebeest, ostriches and many kinds of gazelle. One of the best national parks is Etosha, which extends to an area of more than 20,000 sq km, making it larger than most.
The beaches are something else, with many old shipwrecks that became victim to the rocky reefs offshore, and while you are on the coastline, you can experience the amazing dunes. Whatever you fancy, Namibia has it all and is one of the best destinations if you want to see “the big 5.” By tailoring your safari to suit, you can be sure of having an unforgettable time in this amazing country called Namibia!