Today we’ll cover another country to visit while you’re in Italy — literally, it’s a completely enclaved microstate within Italy — which has the redoubtable distinctions of being:
- the oldest extant sovereign state in the world
- the oldest constitutional republic in the world
- the smallest republic in the world
- the only country with more vehicles than people
And that is the Serenissima Repubblica di San Marino, commonly known as San Marino!
- UNESCO country profile
- UNESCO World Heritage Centre
- Nation Online’s profile
- CountryCode’s statistics and telephone info
- WhatPlug’s power outlet info (Italy)
- Budget Your Trip’s cost estimations
- FlightMapper’s list of international airports (Italy)
- Trip Advisor’s Things to Do
- Lonely Planet’s Thorn Tree forum
- none yet!