Here’s an option to consider when planning to travel as cheaply as possible: stay in a foreign city for FREE! Hard to beat FREE!, now isn’t it?
The basic idea is, people that want their house and pets taken care of while they’re away put their place up for you to stay for free, and they get the place taken care of for free. Win-win!
Haven’t taken advantage of this ourselves yet, because we tend to be cramming as much as possible into minimum time available, but if we ever do get this place bringing in enough to support ourselves, slow travelling this way would mesh with the blogging lifestyle just about perfectly, don’t you think?
If this sounds like an idea worth exploring to you too, check out this excellent guide:
- 1º Lesson: Be Trustworthy and Respectful.
- 2º Lesson: It´s Not Just About Skills, Do It With Love
- 3º Lesson: The Opportunity to Meet Great People & Places is Priceless
- 4º Lesson: Be Committed, People and Pets are Counting on You
- 5º Lesson: Be Open Mind, People and Places are Different
- 6º Lesson: How to find International House Sitting Jobs Online
- 7º Lesson: Have a Great House Sitter Profile
- 8º Lesson: Let People Tell About You
- 9º Lesson: Follow the Rules and Recommendations
- 10º Lesson: Time to Say Goodbye
Here’s another place where you can buy an ebook about the housesitting travel style:
And another that you can buy on Amazon:
And another — this one a comprehensive guide covering
- Couch Surfing
- Living on Boats
- Home Exchanges
We mentioned volunteering before, and here we are discussing housesitting … kinda doubt we’ll ever look seriously into those last three here though, so pick up that book if those interest you too.
Or if you’d just like to go straight to check out some websites directly, these are some (listed in alphabetical order) that look interesting at first glance:
If you have any personal experience with housesitting to relate, Dear Readers, or if we missed your favorite hookup site here, be sure to let us know!