Well, it’s going to be interesting to see what #travel1k does in a couple weeks when Klout shuts down, as that’s the major source of their rankings!
In the meantime, the scorecard’s out for the week of May 16th and bounced back up from #30 to #25, excellent:
What exactly is a TravelLatte?
It seems people expect a travel agency, a coffee house, or an odd combination of both. It’s none of these, actually, which is too bad because a travel agency coffee shop sounds like a great idea! For now, it’s a blog site; that’s all…and that’s probably enough.
Fair question with several answers, none of which are really good answers. It sounds a bit like “travel a lot” which, of course, we like to do. We also like latte, our preferred espresso beverage. But mostly, it’s the idea of discussing travel with friends over a good cup o’ joe. Grab a mug and join us!
What can I expect from TravelLatte?
Another fair question. We started this blog because we liked trading travel tips and talking about places we’ve been or want to go. That’s reflected in our categories and recurring features:
- Travel News: We will highlight news stories from around the world in posts and the (usually) weekly recap, This Week in Travel News.
- Destinations: Whether tips and information about a specific place or country, or full-blown itineraries, you’ll find posts about destinations here.
- #Travel140: Travel Tips for a Twitter World. Just 140 characters at the heart, you might call them Tips & Tricks or Travel Hacks. Sadly, the #Travel140 hashtag never really caught on, so we’re looking for a new name. Something cool, like Jean Luc or Giancarlo.
- Travel To Do ListSome people have a Bucket List of things they would love to do…someday…when they win the lottery. We have a To Do List. These aren’t just trips we want to take, they’re things we need to do! And you might want to, too!
- Travel Quotes: This isn’t a category on its own (yet), but we really enjoy pretty pictures with words of wisdom. You will find them sprinkled in the Blog section, or can search for “Travel Quotes” until they get a category of their own. (Coming soon!)
- Blog: This is where the travel stories, random thoughts and general blogtivities will live.
OK, one thing that they are going straight onto our resource list for is the Travel Sweeps section: seems that like us, they enjoy notifying the readers of things to win (oddly rare, that), like for instance yesterday’s
We like to say that we’re trying to win our way around the world, but most travel sweepstakes will only take you part of the way. Boar’s Head pulls out all of the stops to Journey Boldly with a pair of tickets around the world!
Yeah, that merits a post. We can see a lot of hat tips coming from here to TravelLatte in the future, if that’s the kind of thing they find consistently!
p dir=”ltr”>Other than that, it’s a general mélange of trips and destinations; nothing particularly unique, but varied and interesting enough to merit putting on our Twitter lists.
Technically, BuiltWith tells us it’s the standard WordPress + Jetpack setup, and as always we recommend Dreampress as your best choice for that, free Jetpack Professional and all; mostly common plugins, but a few advertising ones that we don’t recall seeing ofhand.
So yep, if you like our blog here, pretty sure you’ll enjoy CafeLatte as well, be sure to check them out!